Toms Racing Tips
Following on from last year, we are delighted to announce that we are featuring Horse racing tips from Channel Four Racing presenter, Tom Lee.
Latest Racing News
Epsom Derby Trials 2013
As the number one middle distance race in the UK racing calendar and the second of three English Classics, the Epsom Derby is a race that attracts plenty of attention from both the media and Horse Racing fans alike. As such, the Derby proves a hugely popular betting event and one that stimulates much debate about which thoroughbred will win the race.
Such is the challenge that the stamina sapping 1 mile 4 furlong trip around the undulating Epsom Downs Racecourse poises, it is virtually unheard of that a horse wins the Derby on its seasonal debut (two in the past twenty years). Therefore, when the Derby comes around, there are plenty of races that punters can look at to get some pointers in their attempts to work out the derby form.
There are many pattern races that offer Trainers and Owners the chance to blood their horses ahead of a tilt at the Derby, many of which are known specifically as 'Derby Trials'. Below are links to the main Derby Trials that will give you pointers towards which races have produced previous Derby winners and where you should be looking to find this year's Derby winner. Alternatively, you could just rely on us to do the hard work and read our tips for the derby.
Epsom Derby Trials 2012
Click on the races below for more information on that trial, trends, stats and form.
- Light Heavy - K Manning - J Bolger - 3/1
- Call To Battle - J Murtagh - J Oxx - 2/1
- Tower Rock - S Heffernen - A O'Brien - 20/1
- Camelot - J O'Brien - A O'Brien - 15/8f
- French Fiftenn - O Peslier - N Clement - 12/1
- Hermival - M Delzangles - G Benoist - 16/1
- Astrology - J O'Brien - A O'Brien - 11/10f
- Oxford Charley - K Fallon - M Magnusson - 7/1
- Kingsdesire - J Spencer - M Botti - 100/30
- Main Sequence - T Durcan - D Lanigan - 3/1
- Shantaram - W Buick - J Gosden - 5/4f
- Cavaleiro - R Mullen - M Tregoning - 20/1
- Light Heavy - K Manning - J Bolger - 15/8
- Tower Rock - S Heffernen - A O'Brien - 9/1
- Wrote - R Moore - A O'Brien - 8/13f
- Bonfire - J Fortune - A Balding - 3/1
- Ekithaam - T O'Shea - R Varian - 6/1